Who am I?
Hi, my name is Selen.
I studied Linguistics in Ankara University, did an internship on teaching Turkish as a foreign language in Tömer. I have a teaching certificate and experience in teaching Turkish as a foreign language. I’m also working on a Turkish book in A1 level.
About My Lessons
- Before the course, my students complete a survey, so I can get a better understanding of their needs, goals and interests and tailor the lessons accordingly.
- I prepare the lesson material using authentic materials (movies, videos, newspaper, essays, blogs, comments on social media etc.), so students can learn real and daily life Turkish.
- In lessons, I focus on four language skills equally; listening, speaking, reading and writing. Think of a table. We need each leg.
- I correct homework after the lesson and always give a feedback.
All in all, my Turkish courses are/include:
- Taylored to your needs
- Communicative and learner-centered
- Clear and easy explanations
- Practical and useful examples
- Real Turkish and daily life conversations
- Authentic lesson materials
- Lots of engagement and encouragement
So grab a cup of coffee or çay and let’s get started!